The Education Network
TCC Education Network Bridging the gap between study and career – an initiative of the Communications Council WA.
The Education Network delivers on the concept of ‘together stronger’ in the development of industry programs to further close the gap that currently exists between study and career. The aim of the network is to develop stronger and more focused relationships between council member agencies and tertiary institutions. This initiative has been launched in Perth with Curtin University as the Premier Member.
Initiatives of the Education Network include:
• greater on campus activity by the Council and it’s members
• free and subsidised individual memberships for staff and students
• engagement and opportunity to participate at industry events
• working together to understand the roles of education within institutions and industry
• developing strategies enabling students and industry to connect via intern, graduate and experience programs
Education Network Tiers
The Communications Council’s Education Network is a sponsorship agreement which enables the council to provide universities with free and subsidised memberships and services delivering staff engagement and student industry experiences. The education networks is available in categories delivering varied levels of connectedness and participation that suits a tertiary institutions size, staff, student services and values.
Industry Lectures Available
The following industry lectures are available for WA universities participating in the education network. Content of lectures is based on interviews, surveys, statistical data and third part content such as case studies provides by ASB and ACCC.
Duration of lectures: 45 minutes to 15 minutes question time
1. The Communications Council, who, what and why?
2. Advertising Industry State of Play
3. Resume Workshop
4. ACCC/ASB Code Workshop
5. Inspiring Creative Work
6. AWARD School
7. Top 10 Industry Career Paths
8. Social Media Code of Conduct (Corporate and Individuals)
9. TCC Graduate Program
10. Advertising Metrics : Where does the money go?
For more information on joining the Education Network, the costs and benefits, please contact Danielle Norrish
Inaugural Premier Education Network Sponsor