The Communications Council works on a daily basis to represent its members to government and policy makers.
Our advocacy activities include:
- Liaising with state and/ or federal level government and industry policy makers on industry issues; we contribute to policy debates on emerging issues affecting members and provide input into government reviews of, and inquiries into existing legislation.
- Promoting effective and responsible self-regulation in our sector. We help raise awareness of existing self-regulatory codes and explain the benefits of existing and proposed self-regulatory initiatives.
- Representing members’ point of views to other industry bodies and working together to benefit members’ businesses.
- Championing the creative contribution of our industry to politicians and government representatives.
- Proactively lobbying government and policy makers on issues facing the sector where necessary.
The Communications Council Policy sub-committee provides high level input into our public affairs activities.
If you have any questions about the commmittee or our public affairs activities, get in touch via email@example.com.
Find our more about our current public affairs work here.