The Communications Council is the peak body representing agencies in the marketing communications industry to media, government and the public.
The organisation was formed bringing together the Advertising Federation Australia (AFA), the Australasian Writers and Art Directors Association (AWARD), the Account Planning Group (APG) and the Australasian Promotional Marketing Association (APMA).
The Council creates a footprint across the increasingly integrated world of creative, digital, healthcare, design, direct marketing, promotion, PR, plus creative production companies and strategic planning consultancies.
Based on the concept of ‘together stronger’ it champions a proactive and united industry approach.
We help grow member businesses and develop individual careers through the provision of professional development services, advocacy and support.
As the marketing communications industry’s not-for-profit peak body, the Council encompasses over 4,500 individuals from more than 200 agencies and consultancies. The Council has a corporate and individual membership structure.
For membership details, go to the ‘membership’ page.
- To champion commercial creativity.
- To empower communications agencies to be universally respected and valued for their contribution to the economy, culture and society.
- To build the reputation of the industry by raising professional standards, practices, advocacy with stakeholders.
- To invest in talent and capability development by delivering world class education and professional development.
- To promote breakthrough creativity.
- To galvanise, nurture and unite our members.